A few days ago we ran our Cardiff Comic Con competition with our Mk. II doomsday device. The response was fantastic with guesses ranging from 75 grams to 17 tonnes!
After we sorted and counted the entries, first prize went to Danni Coakley who the Android tablet, our ebooks, a tee shirt and a mug. Second prize went to Michael Voysey (pictured below) and he won a tee shirt, a mug and 5 of our ebooks. Third prize went to Alexander Keattch who won five of our ebooks!
We’re already thinking ahead to our next competition. Keep your eyes peeled!
Our resident mad genius is at it again. This time he’s built a Doomsday device powered by jelly beans. This ties in nicely with our competition this weekend; If you subscribe to our newsletter then you’ll have known all week that our competition for Cardiff Comic Con this weekend is sponsored by the team over at T101 Computers.
They have donated a 7″ Nexus tablet running on Jelly Bean Android. To be in with a chance of winning:
- First prize: 7” Jelly Bean Android tablet preloaded with all our digital back catalogue plus T-shirt, mug, and keyring.
- Second prize: T-shirt, mug, keyring + 5 ebooks from our range
- Third prize: 5 ebooks from our range
Visit us at the Cardiff Comic Con and make your guess – or, if you can’t make it there in person you can enter here.
Obligatory rules bit:
- Nobody working for Deadstar Publishing Ltd, T101 Computers Ltd, or their immediate families is eligible to receive any prize as a result of this competition.
- The competition is open from 4am (BST) Saturday 31st August 2013 until 5pm (BST) Sunday 1st September 2013.
- The competition is a test of skill with participants guessing the weight in grams of jelly beans being used to ‘power’ our Doomsday Device,
- First prize will be awarded to the person with the closest guess to our recorded weight. Second prize will be awarded to the person with the second closest guess. Third prize… you guessed it, will be awarded to the person with the third closest guess. In the case of multiple identical guesses the first person to select that weight will be considered the sole eligible person in case of a win.
- To be considered, people must follow the instructions as presented in person or via our online store.
- Results will be announced at 5.30pm (BST) at the Cardiff Comic Con and shortly afterwards on this page. Details will also be circulated via the Deadstar Publishing Facebook page and the @DSPublishing Twitter account.
- Winners will be contacted to arrange collection/delivery of their prizes within 7 days of the competition closing.
We’re happy to announce that the from those who entered on Twitter and Facebook, the following people have been randomly selected to receive copies of Iain M. Banks’ Player of Games as part of our World Book Night giveaway:
- Andrew Henderson
- Andy Frankham
- Ed Bemand
- Gavin Bell
- Jon Evans
- Kevin Enhart
- Leanne Vaughan-Philipps
- Marcus Staff
- Robert Grayston
- Ruaridh Dall
- Ryan Wheeldon
- Taryn Uni Cornis
We’ll contact those people directly over the next day or two to arrange postage. We’d like to say again that these books are intended for light or casual readers, so if you think you are more than that, we’d appreciate it if you could pass your copy onto someone less likely to be a regular reader.
Thank you all to everyone who took part, and watch this space for news of more giveaways and competitions in the future!